Thursday, August 1, 2013

Places to Visit: Jardin du Tuileries, Paris

Jardin des Tuileries
Jardin des Tuileries
Place de la Concorde
 75001 Paris

One of the loveliest places I visited in Paris in the beginning of the summer was Jardin du Tuileries / The Tuileries Garden - a beautiful public garden located between the Louvre Museum and the Place de la Concorde in the 1st arrondissement of Paris.

It was a very hot Friday afternoon when I was strolling around there together with my friend Ida, looking at all the surroundings that included lovely plants, statues and large bassins. People were sitting in green Luxembourg chairs everywhere. This really felt like the perfect place to meet friends or just sit down, relax and read a good book.

At the west end of the garden, the Musée de l'Orangerie / The Orangerie is located - where Claude Monet's series "Water Lilies" are displayed. And in the north corner of the garden you can find Jeu de Paume, a museum for contemporary art.Jardin des Tuileries Jardin des Tuileries View from Jardin des TuileriesFrom this beautiful park I also spotted this beautiful typical Paris house. I couldn't get enough of the lovely Paris houses and buildings, I photographed so many of them. I loved their varm vanilla colours combined with their beautiful balconys and lovely window shutters. I really do prefer shutters before window blinds!

If you happen to find yourself in Paris - Jardin du Tuileries is a must visit! :)

0 comments :

Post a Comment