Thursday, August 22, 2013

Birthday Girl and Name Day Girl, August 1987

Grandma Signe and me, August 1987
Today I'm having a Throwback Thursday theme here on the blog! :) When looking through old photographs at my parent's place a few weeks ago I found this picture of me and my grandmother Signe. We were celebrating my second birthday at the time, and tomorrow on the 23rd of August that will be exactly 26 years ago.

I feel so happy that I stumbled across this photo in my parents' photo album, because everytime I look at it I feel happy. I guess it was just a coincidence of course, but my grandmother had her name day on the same day as my birthday. I really loved that my mum managed to time my birth on that particular day. Even though my grandmother is no longer alive, I think of her every day - and tomorrow I will also celebrate her (and my parents) as well when I turn 28! :) 

I hope August has treated you well. It's been such a lovely summer here this year. I hope it will last for September as well! :)

See you soon!

4 comments :

  1. Beautiful, lovely pic, hope you have a wonderful birthday tomorrow!!

    Big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Lisa Marie !
    I wish you all the best for this very special day.

    This picture is just beyond adorable... Thanks for sharing !

    I will email you very soon...
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Geneviève!

      I'm so happy you like the picture of me and my grandmother :-)

      Oh, I look forward to receiving your mail. You will recieve some paper decorations by regular mail soon too! Hope you've had a lovely summer!
      xxx

      Delete