Saturday, July 6, 2013

Places to Visit: Palais de Tokyo, Paris

Palais de Tokyo
Palais de Tokyo
13 Avenue du Président Wilson
75116 Paris

On my last day in Paris my friend Ida and I went strolling around the city looking at old monuments such as the Eiffel tower, The Arc de Triomphe and Panthéon. We had the best ice cream ever at a place called Berthillon close to Notre-Dame and the Seine. The weather was really warm - almost tropical and the sun was shining all day long. The whole city was in a great summer mood.

Somewhere in between we found ourselves at Palais de Tokyo - the museum for modern and contemporary art, located in a beautiful building in the 16th arrondissement, just a short walk from Place du Trocadéro.

Besides seeing the exhibitions I fell a bit in love with their café and their outdoor seating at a marble terrace among the building's columns. The atmosphere was calm and the surroundings and the view from there was absolutely beautiful. The café offered delicious desserts like lemon meringue pie, raspberry pie and mousse with caramel sauce and sliced almonds.

If I didn't have a plane to catch in the evening I think I would have stayed there the whole day. On a sunny summer day this was really the ideal place to sit down at, relax and enjoy a cup of coffee and desserts.
Palais de Tokyo
Palais de Tokyo
Palais de Tokyo
Palais de Tokyo Another thing I loved about Palais de Tokyo was their museum shop. It was filled with interesting art books, notebooks, beautiful postcards and washi tape among other things. I bought myself a new notebook from O-Check Design Graphics when I was there. Couldn't resist! ;)

4 comments :

  1. Everything look delicious, thanks for the tip.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I really DO want to visit Paris... I get so envy whenever I see photos like these, and I wonder how amazing that romantic city must be. I'm sure I'll be able to go there someday, so I'll keep this tip in my mind.
    Please, share with us more and more things of Paris! :D More places where you've been, places where you've eaten! <3 Show us your lovely photos please :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you definitely must go to Paris sometime soon! I'm sure you will love that city!

      I'm so happy you like my tips of places to visit in Paris. I will continue to share more places here as soon as I've edited the pictures :) I'm so happy you like my photos and I was so so happy to read your beautiful comment! Thank you, Raquel! :)

      Delete