Sunday, July 7, 2013

Peony Week

DSC_3124 This Monday I woke up to rain and grey skies so I decided to cheer myself up with some peonies, to at least keep the feeling of summer inside the apartment. And I think it was a good idea, since the bad weather continued during almost the entire week.

A great little flower shop that recently opened on my street had some lovely ones in light and darker pink. I decided to get some in both colours. Two of the light pink Sarah Bernhardt ones fell apart yesterday after having exploded into full bloom during the week, but the other ones are still left and are in their most beautiful state now.

Oh yes, I have a nerdiness/obsession when it comes to these flowers. I can go on and on and talk about them, look at them and I photograph them all the time. They make me very very happy. Their scent reminds me of my grandmother's garden and I feel so glad that we are in the middle of summer and that I've gotten to enjoy these beauties more than I expected this year.

My instagram feed has currently turned into a bit of a series of documenting these pretties, but they're just too beautiful to omit from any of the pictures - especially since I know that their time here every year is limited. So I take every chance I get. :) DSC_31191 DSC_31301 DSC_3141 DSC_31471 I hope you've had a beautiful weekend. The sun finally showed its face here yesterday so this weekend I've been enjoying some more real summer weather. See you next week!

6 comments :

  1. I should do the same thing since we are expecting bad weather.
    Beautiful flowers!
    Have a lovely week!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think you should!

      Wishing you a lovely week as well! :)
      x

      Delete
  2. Bonitas fotos y bonito blog! Un saludo!


    lechicinimitable.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is the beautiful floor lamp from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the floor lamp in a vintage shop in Ystad in Sweden many years ago. Unfortunately there is no brand name or signature on it. But I think it's from the 50's or 60's. It had a lampshade made out of threads too, but I've decided to not use it and instead I just got a bigger light bulb for it :)

      Delete