Monday, March 18, 2013

Still Life

Still Life
Still Life
Still Life
I do enjoy arranging things in my home, as you might have noticed :)

Lately it's been very quiet and still here in the apartment. During February there was almost no sunlight for several weeks leaving each day with a grey gloomy feeling. I spent some weekends in February looking for treasures at flea markets, especially old bottles and glass jars to put flowers in. It had a bit of a therapeutic effect on me to walk around and find items and new impressions for the home and then fix and arrange things in the apartment in my spare time while waiting for spring.

The sun has been more generous in March so last week I put away my winter shoes, only to find that it started snowing again a few days ago. So I had to take them out again, and the winter coat and the wool knits stays on for a little longer. Even though the winter continues (the weather forecast says that there's going to be a snow storm in Southern Sweden tomorrow) it's going to be even more exciting when spring finally arrives for real!

In the meantime I will continue to work on the new collection. And I wish you all a great start of the week :)

2 comments :

  1. Lovely pictures! I can so relate to the perpetual winter weather experience... There's a winter storm in New England's forecast for tomorrow, which makes me feel as if snow banks and chilly temps will never leave! I'm so excited and so eager for spring's arrival... Warm sunshine and colorful nature :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Katherine! I feel just the same, as if snow banks and chilly temps will never leave. It's very exhausting. I hope the winter is about to come to an end in New England now too! I can't wait for warm sunshine and colorful nature eighter! Very excited! :)

      Delete