Friday, November 2, 2012

Up The Wooden Hills - The Blue Hour (2012)

Blue Moon Rose Dress & Nocturne Dress
Blue Moon Rose Dress & Nocturne Dress Clement Dress & Nightingale Dress
Clement Dress & Nightingale Dress Luna Dress & Lorelai Dress
Luna Dress & Lorelai PinaforeProvidence Dress & Wonder Dress
Providence Dress & Wonder Dress Celine Dress & Nightingale Dress
Celine Dress & Nightingale Dress

Model & Styling: Lisa Marie Andersson | Photography: Åsa Lännerström 
Studio & Photo Assistant: Karin Dahlström Mönefors 

I have a friend and she comes from the high plains
Wise as the hills and fresh as the rains
She seems at home in her tiny blue jeans
Whether she brings wide open spaces

For all she knows
Bless my blue moon rose
And for all she knows
Bless my blue moon rose 
/Everything But The Girl

Well, it's officially after midnight here in Sweden so it's Friday and I'm a bit late but I guess it corresponds well with the name and the theme of the collection to have a little midnight launch of it here on the blog :)

First of all I want to thank all of you for being so supportive - for all your lovely sweet comments and feedback! I've been struggling during these last two months to finish orders and to get all the garments of the collection ready. And after some last minute editing that took up the entire day yesterday I'm so happy to finally be able to share these lookbook pics with you of The Blue Hour that me and my friend Åsa shot together with the help of our friend Karin last week.

For the launch of this collection I took the decision to finally act as model myself and get photographed in my own clothes. Since everything I do with my brand is very much connected to me and comes entirely from my own heart it felt a bit wrong to be so elusive all the time  and never show you a little more of myself here on the blog. I usually always look away or hide everytime I see a camera so it was a big challenge for me to dress up and step into the studio and get in front of the camera. I don't think it would have been possible at all to do this photo shoot without my friend Åsa, who is such a great photographer that I can trust and feel comfortable with. A lot of the pictures came out really bad, but it was nice to be able to look at myself, laugh until I almost had tears in my eyes and not take the way I looked on the photos too seriously :)

The Blue Hour Collection is mostly inspired by The Blue Hour itself, the colour and the mood blue, moonlight, sea, heaven, night lights and night time. A big inspiration in the making of this collection was also songs and artist that I've been listening to during the last six months. Each dress has its own song and a lyric quote connected to it. The quote will be available on the tag for each dress. :)

I'm going to write more about the details of each garment in separate blog posts later on. I can't tell you how happy I am to finally release this collection! I hope you enjoy these first lookbook pics from it :)

A million thanks to Åsa for shooting the collection and to Karin for assisting us and letting us borrow her photo studio!

See you guys in a few days!

16 comments :

  1. Love it! Especially the Celine dress, the Wonder dress, and the Blue Moon Rose Dress. Can't wait until you have these up in your shop! I am sad I dissevered your label too late, I would have taken total advantage of your spring/summer collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Charmaine! I'm so glad you like the garments and that you found some new favourite pieces in this collection :) The shop is now updated :)

      Delete
  2. Superfint!!! Din bästa kollektion någonsin! Wonder, Luna och Nocturne = mina favoriter. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tusen tack, finaste du! Vad roligt att du tycker det är min bästa kollektion någonsin, blir helt rörd! Roligt att du hittat några favoriter också :) <3

      Delete
  3. Oh Lisa Marie, you do such a great model for your brand ! You are beautiful !
    I feel that your style has evolved a lot with this collection. There is something for every taste and shape, yet it fits wonderfully as a whole.
    You can be proud of yourself and all your hard work ! I can hardly pick a favorite dress (may be Providence or Blue Moon Rose ?).
    I wish you all the best and great success :-)
    Love,
    Genevieve x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Geneviève! You are the sweetest! Your comment made me truly happy! I'm so glad to hear that you feel that my style has evolved a lot with this collection, that is so great to hear :-)
      Lots of love,
      Lisa Marie x

      Delete
  4. I love it! Your hard work payed off, the collection looks amazing. I'm in love with all of the dresses. However, my heart skips a little extra for the Nightingale dress. It's absolutely gorgeous. I love the trim, and the color combination.

    You make the dresses look so good as well. Very pretty, as always!
    I miss you! I'm very happy for you, and I can't wait to see what you will create next.

    Lots of love!
    /Ysabel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment, Ysabel! It made me truly happy to read it :) I'm so glad that you like the collection and that your heart skips a little extra for the Nightingale dress - it's one of my favourites too! :) I miss you too! I hope we will see each other in the near future!

      Lots of love!

      Delete
  5. Å så fine! Klarer ikke bestemme meg for hvilke jeg liker best, de er alle så flotte! Gleder meg til disse kommer inn i butikken!
    PS: Du er kjempefin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tusen tack, Elise Sophie! Vad roligt att du tycker alla klänningarna är fina! Det gör mig så glad! Alla plaggen finns uppdaterade i shopen nu :)

      Delete
  6. Så himla fin kollektion! Jag är helt kär i inlägget, ditt sätt att skriva, ditt sätt att döpa klänningar, hela dej! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Åh, så fin du är, Terese! Vad lycklig jag blev av att läsa din kommentar! Så fint sagt! Jag är så glad att du gillar hela konceptet kring märket :) <3

      Delete
  7. Nydelige klær og fin modell! Når begynner du å selge disse?

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack så mycket, Heidi! Vad roligt att du tycker det är fint! I nästa vecka kommer plaggen att finnas till försäljning i min webshop :)

      Delete