Friday, June 22, 2012

Midsummer's Eve

DSC_0100
DSC_0095
DSC_0093
DSC_0099 DSC_0106 DSC_0098
The peony season is soon coming to an end here. I have a few in a vase at home that just started to loose their petals. During one of my walks these last weeks I spotted some peony plants close to a church in my part of the city. Since I'm so amazed by their beauty I decided to bring my camera the next time I passed by. The darker pink ones had already started to wither but the light pink Sarah Bernhardt ones had just started to burst into full bloom. Among the plants I also spotted some purple clematis!  (Can you see them?) I just love it when you can walk through the city and enjoy all the greens and flowers in full bloom. Now is really the best time of the year to live in Gothenburg.

Today we are celebrating Midsummer here. I hope you are all having a great weekend and spending it in a way that makes you happy.

Thank you for all the lovely comments in the last post. Geneviève were so happy to read them and I'm so glad you guys liked our collaboration!

See you next week!

8 comments :

  1. Oh ! The peonies by the church :-)
    I wish there were so many pretty flowers to enjoy in my neighborhood too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes :-) They were so wonderful - I walked by that church so many times during early summer just to look at those flowers!

      xx

      Delete
  2. Peonies are magical, I'm convinced of it :-) Such beautiful images - thank you for sharing them. My Peonies have wilted and are gradually dying off which makes me a little sad!

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jem, yes they really are magical aren't they! I'm so glad you like the images. Oh, it makes me so sad to hear that too about your peonies! Their beauty is so short lasting, it's such a shame...

      xx
      Lisa Marie

      Delete
  3. Such beauties! We have the most gorgeous deep purple ones in my yard, but I do wish we had some pale ones as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela, oh, deep purple ones - they are probably amazingly beautiful! I wish I had a yard too where I could grow my own peonies. Lucky you! :)

      Delete
  4. Pioner, förknippar jag dig med Lisa Marie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Åh, vad glad jag blir när du säger så, Elisabeth! Pioner är ju verkligen mina absoluta favoritblommor :)

      Delete