Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Collaboration - Geneviève Godbout & Up The Wooden Hills



UpTheWoodenHills_colette_FOR-LisaMarie750px
Up The Wooden Hills "Colette dress". Illustration by Geneviève Godbout (2012)

Today I’m so happy to finally announce a collaboration that I have made together with the amazing illustrator Geneviève Godbout. A while ago Geneviève contacted me and told me that she had done a few sketches of the Colette dress from the SS12 collection and asked me if I was interested in doing a collaboration with her. Since I’m a very big fan of Genevièves beautiful work I was over the moon and felt instantly that it was a great idea!

Geneviève is a London based illustrator who works for Walt Disney Company. She also runs the blog Rose à petits pois and recently got her first book with the title “Où s'est caché le sommeil? published. At the moment she is almost finished with her second book called Joseph Fipps made together with the Montreal based publishing company La Pasteque.

Geneviève is really an amazing artist and I love the texture she creates in each picture using colour pencils as one of her special illustration tecniques. Last year she also made a beautiful illustration of the Alice dress from Up The Wooden Hills AW 11 collection. The illustration was part of a collaboration made together with the U.S. based boutique Audrey Grace.
Alice dress - Genevieve
Up The Wooden Hills "Alice dress". Illustration by Geneviève Godbout (2011)

I very much adore the the illustration Geneviève did of the Colette dress and I think she captured the mood and essence of Up The Wooden Hills in it so well. I love the expression in the beautiful characters face as well as the aesthetics of the dress fabric and the brogues with the cute socks. I also think the girl resembles the real Colette character from Pan Am portrayed by Karine Vanasse a bit too, don’t you think? :) 

I can’t tell you how fun this collaboration has been to do! Geneviève and I have shared so many lovely emails together and she has become a new friend om mine that I hope to meet in real life someday. I also hope we will do a collaboration like this sometime soon again.

Read more about Genevièves interesting projects and view her beautiful work on her blog.

16 comments :

  1. Wow Lisa! Jeg er stolt af dig...
    Stort tillykke herfra!

    Kram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack så jättemycket, Søren! Vad roligt att höra - jag blev jätteglad!

      Hoppas allt är bra med dig.

      Kram,
      Lisa

      Delete
  2. yay, I love to read that! it is so cool, how the internet brings together people who wouldn't meet under other circumstances. I think she should draw the whole collection ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear that Steffi! I couldn't agree more! I also think it's so cool to how the internet brings people together all over the world - people who wouldn't meet or even be able to meet each other during other circumstances. I'm glad you think Geneviève should draw the whole collection! I'm sure all the garments would look amazing through her art eye :D

      Delete
  3. Ohh, these are beautiful! I am such a fan of Genevieve - I wish I could make art as sweet as hers! <3 <3 <3

    x
    Lost in the Haze: a Fashion Photography Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo! I'm so glad you like them! I also wish I could make art as sweet as Geneviève. Both she as a person and her work amazes me more and more for each day. <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  4. Awwwww ! You're such a sweetie Lisa Marie !
    There is no word to describe how much I love my Colette dress.

    I will do an article about our sweet collaboration on my blog soon... with a little surprise for you :-)

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! You are so sweet, Geneviève! I'm glad you are enjoying your Colette dress. Thank you so much for the beautiful post you did in your blog. There are no words that can describe how much I loved the new illustration of the Audrey Grace dress. I'm still amazed! Thank you - it was such a sweet surprise! :-)

      xx

      Delete
  5. Such beautiful illustrations! Genevieve is so talented, I love her pictures and she's captured your beautiful dresses perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Tors! I'm glad to hear that you like the illustrations. Geneviève is such a great artist! I'm glad you think she captured my dresses beautifully. I really look forward to do a collaboration with her again sometime soon!

      Delete
  6. I adore !
    And I'm in love with your fabulous creations !
    Just beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thank you so much, Stéphanie! I'm so glad to hear that you like my creations and find them beautiful - it means the world to me!

      Delete
  7. Those are really sweet illustrations. Love the femininity and subtle colors. Got my eye on your blog now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad you like them! Geneviève is my favourite illustrator at the moment! I'm glad you found my blog :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Tack Julia! Vad roligt att du gillar illustrationerna!

      Delete