Sunday, May 20, 2012

Peony love

PeoniesUntitled Sarah Bernhardt peonies are the most wonderful flowers in the world I think. They are so lush and gracious. I remember writing about when I bought my first bouquet of them last year. And just about the same time this year the peony season started here in Sweden again.

My grandmother had peonies in white, light pink and cerise in her garden. The scent of the Sarah Bernhardt ones reminds me of spending time in her house and garden during so many days of my summer break as a child. I hope I will be able to have a little garden like hers too someday where I can grow all of my favorite flowers.

The pictures above have also been published on Instagram lately. The desk pics are a sneak peak of a little styling editorial that I'm working on with Beata. I'm excited to show you more of the results as soon as we have edited the pictures.

The prints on the wall are made by Fine Little Day, Studio Violet and Plingsulli.

Have a lovely Sunday!

12 comments :

  1. I recently bought a bunch! They're so beautiful but so expensive. x hivenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear that :) I hope they gave you as much joy as they are giving me! You are indeed right, they are so beautiful but really expensive...

      x Lisa Marie

      Delete
  2. Those are very beautiful peonies. I love the soft-pink colored petals. Some dark-pink peonies recently bloomed in my garden. :)

    Your photos are lovely. I love how you portray the light in a warm and welcoming tone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzanne Alise, thank you so much :) It's so nice to hear that you had blooming peonies in your garden! They must have looked so beautiful. I feel so honoured that you like my photos and that you feel that they have a welcoming tone :)

      Delete
  3. woah, I like the last photo the most, because it seems like the flower is like as big as.. I dont know.. water melon or something :D I want to smell them, too..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment, Steffi :) Haha, it was so funny that you compared the blossom in the last picture to a water melon, I really agree with you! It's looks as though it is that big :) The smell is so wonderful! I wish I had a perfume with peony scent...

      Delete
  4. Your house looks beautiful and cozy and it must smell oh so lovely with all these pretty flowers everywhere !
    The peonies are also my favorite -with roses of course !
    :-)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Genevieve :-) I'm so glad you think my home looks beautiful. I really love roses too! There are so many beautiful flowers in this world :-)

      x

      Delete
  5. Jag älskar dem!! :) underbara blommor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Åh, håller verkligen med!! Eller hur är de helt fantastiska! :)

      Delete
  6. I totally agree with Genevieve :) Every time I look at your Instagram pictures I imagine your house as a dreamy place with a beautiful smell of flowers and the most darling light. Peonies are such delicate flowers!
    Ale
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for your lovely comment, Ale! How beautifully you described what you imagine when you look at my Instagram pictures. It was so nice of you to say that - it is exactly that mood I want to create in each picture :) Peonies really are such delicate flowers! I'm glad you like them too :)

    x

    ReplyDelete