Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas mood






Some pictures from this week. I feel very much in a Christmas mood at the moment. This year I decided to bring out a special Christmas table cloth that I inherited from my grandmother. I like the pattern on it with the cute rabbits and the girls, boys and the little birds dancing together in a ring.

Another favourite Christmas decoration for this year is my angel chimes. I'm not sure if it's such a popular Christmas decoration anymore, even though they are still being produced. I always feel very nostalgic when looking at it and it makes me remember celebrating Christmas as a child. My parents always made me put the parts of the angel chimes together and then we listened to the sound of the angels striking the bells while the candles were burning.

I know the blog has been a little bit quiet lately, but next week there will be a little surprise! So stay tuned for updates!

Oh, and one last thing:
If you happen to be in Gothenburg at the moment you should definitely visit the Christmas market Julform at Wernstedthallen inside of Röhsska museet - if you haven't already! Tomorrow is the last day they are open. My friend Elisabeth Dunker from Fine Little Day is one of the exhibitors. Some of the things she sells at the market are also available in her lovely shop.

My friend Klara Bothén is also one of the exhibitors at the market and she sells her beautiful hand-knitted mittens called "Granliden" there. In order to have a little stock of mittens available for the market Klara's grandmother helped her knit some of them :) If you are not able to visit the market you should definitely visit Klara's blog and her shop and have a closer look at the Granliden mittens there instead. They are so pretty!

I hope you all had a great Saturday!

7 comments :

  1. That is the MOST delightful tablecloth! And that photo of oranges and coffee and cake makes me hungry. Looks like a wonderful combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel very much in a Christmas mood too! The winter chill has officially set in, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for snow on Christmas day.

    And your tablecloth is so cute and cheerful!

    Merry Christmas to you!

    Katherine @ thistle handmade

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel very much in a Christmas mood too! The winter chill has officially set in, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for snow on Christmas day.

    Oh, your tablecloth is so cute and cheerful!

    Merry Christmas to you!

    Katherine @ thistle handmade

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are very lovely decorations. I love the Swedish charm x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy: Thank you! I'm glad you like the table cloth! And oranges and coffee is indeed a great combination :)

    rose-a-petit-pois: Thank you! I'm so glad you like it :) x

    Katherine:
    I'm so glad to hear that! I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for snow on Christmas day, that would be so wonderful.

    Merry Christmas to you too!

    Valerie:
    Thank you so much, I'm glad you like them :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same angels I bought in Sweden while I was living there. I love it, it's so Xmas-y...!

    ReplyDelete