Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Paper Flowers and Paper Cranes

Paper flowers and cranes
Paper flowers
Paper flowers
Paper flowers
Paper flowers
Paper flowers and cranes
Just after the holidays I usually feel a bit restless and on Christmas day I was scrolling through one of my favourite decoration blogs when I found a post called Pyssla en pappersblomma. English translation: Fold a paper flower. In the post there was a link to this little video on how to fold beautiful paper flowers. After watching the video I folded some flowers out of patterned paper and once you learned how to do it it was really easy and fun!

Afterwards I also decided to fold a paper crane which was a bit more difficult but after watching this tutorial it suddenly became feasible. Origami has been really popular in Sweden for a while but I've always thought it was too difficult for some reason, so I never tried it. As you know I'm very fond of flowers and birds, so now I can't wait to find some more patterned paper and perhaps some newspaper so I can fold a whole little collection of cranes and flowers to decorate my apartment with. Let the folding begin! :)

6 comments :

  1. I love these! Especially the flowers. I made some origami Christmas trees last year and then stopped for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Åh vad fint! Jag vill också lära mig!


    Snart ses vi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice!
    I like the dresses you make: so talented!
    Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  4. PinkBow: Thank you! I love the flowers too :) I guess making origami is something that goes in periods, but I especially feel like making these decorations around Christmas time :)

    Ida: Ja! Vi får vika fåglar och blommor tillsammans en dag!

    Frederikke: Tack!

    June: Thank you so much for your sweet words! I'm glad to hear you like the dresses :)

    ReplyDelete