Thursday, December 15, 2011

Cups of Coffee




I know I might have mentioned it before but Sweden is so dark this time of year. I feel almost wiped out some days because of the lack of daylight. One must try to do as many cheerful things as possible this time of the year to not get tired or fall into a low mood. Put up Christmas decorations, eat good food, listen to good music, do creative things, do fun exercise and spend time with friends and family helps. And drinking coffee helps a bit too, especially when there is a little collection of cups to choose from that I have collected over the years! Above are some pictures of a few of them.

As promised, this week there will be a little surprise on the blog - actually it's tomorrow already! Can't wait!

See you then :)

7 comments :

  1. Your coffee cups are so nice! When I see them in your blog I allways think...mmm I feel like having a good coffee! I guess it has to be really difficult to "survive" during the winter! *

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such happy tea cups! I love your collection! I was thinking of you the other day because I baked Lussekatter - something I've always wanted to try. Some of them were pretty ugly, but they all tasted delicious. In a few weeks the earth will begin to tilt and the days will slowly start changing - in Minnesota it is dark (but not as dark as Sweden) and the darkness causes me to enjoy coffee and candles and warm buns so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, good coffee in beautiful cups can definately make a day. and your cups are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the prettiest cup collection! <3 The prints remind me so much of Orla Kiely!

    x
    Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neus: Thank you! I'm glad you like the cups and I'm happy they make you think of having good coffee :) The winter is rather hard, but one always manage to get through it somehow :)

    Amy: Thank you! I'm so happy to hear that you baked Lussekatter! Sometimes it can be hard to get the right shape of them, but I'm glad to hear that they tasted delicious! They are my favourite bun of the winter! I have already eaten too many :) You are so right, soon the days will start to become lighter, but until then one it's great to enjoy coffee, candles and warm buns even more.

    Sophie: Thank you! You are so right - good coffee in a beautiful cup can definitely make a day!

    Jo: Thank you so much for your sweet comment! You are indeed right, they do look similar to Orla Kiely's prints :) <3

    x

    ReplyDelete