Saturday, November 19, 2011

Christmas fika

Christmas fika
Christmas fika
Christmas has already started in Gothenburg. All the stores have already sort of jumped the gun when it comes to Christmas decorations, flowers and food for this festive season and all of the streets are covered in Christmas lightning.

As some of you already know there isn't really an English word that describes the Swedish word "fika" so very well. The closest one is "having coffee". So I will just go ahead and use the Swedish word. Today I had my first Christmas fika this year - coffee and a saffron bun! I wasn't really planning on getting into a Christmas mood until the 1st of December, but I guess I just couldn't wait :)

I hope you are having a great Saturday.

5 comments :

  1. Ohh, the bun looks so delicious! <3 I love the shape!

    x
    Lost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blog is lovely! the atmosphere here is so fine & so many beautiful things to look at:) sophie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you had Christmas fika!!! :) Looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photo of a lovely treat! The holiday spirit is definitely in the air. I've already started delving into a few Christmas traditions and activities, even though it's technically still a bit early.

    Happy Christmas season to you!

    Katherine @ thistle handmade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jo: Thank you! It was very deliciuos too <3
    x

    Sophie:
    I'm so glad you found my blog! I'm very happy to hear that you like it. Thank you for your kind words about it :)

    Beata:
    Ah, I love that too! The best thing about this time of year :) It was very delicious! Thank you for your sweet comment :)

    Katherine:
    Thank you! The holiday spirit is indeed in the air! I'm so happy to hear that you also started with Christmas traditions and activities a bit early this year.

    Happy Christmas season to you too!

    ReplyDelete