Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pink carnations

Carnations
My pink carnations are singing on their last waltz now. They have lasted for three weeks though! I've come to discover that they are sweet and beautiful flowers to have around and so long lasting. When I was younger I didn't really like them. Some say they are "filler flowers" and I thought that too for a while, but then a few years ago it was as if I suddenly had a newfound love for them.

My grandmother liked carnations too, she would often have little bouquets of them in her home. And my mother carried red ones in her wedding bouquet when she married my dad.

2 comments :

  1. I always thought the carnations were a bit of an underdog. odd of me, but I tended to like more of the filler flowers. I use to collect baby's breath from bouquets my mom made and put them in my pencil holder when I was young and to this day, I still find baby's breath beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. enilorac:
    I loved your story about collecting baby's breath as a child. So wonderful. Thank you for sharing it with me here. I think "filler flowers" are a bit underestimated. I love baby's breath too and I think they look beautiful just alone in a vase :)

    ReplyDelete