Friday, June 3, 2011

Audrey Grace Boutique

Audrey Grace Boutique
Illustration and artwork made by Tabitha Emma Patterson

It's Friday again and I'm so happy to announce Up The Wooden Hills first stockist in the United States - Audrey Grace Boutique.

Audrey Grace Boutique is a new store that will open as a pop up shop in November and it will be located in Jackson, Mississippi. The person behind is a wonderful lady by the name of Jaclyn Bethany. As you might be able to tell, her boutique is inspired by all things that has to do with Audrey Hepburn and Grace Kelly. Two admirable women, style icons and constant inspirations through the years.

I'm very excited and honoured that Up The Wooden Hills dresses are going to be available at this store together with brands like Tba, Alexandra Grecco, Katie-Louise Ford, Rachel Antonoff and Eleanor's Riot among others. At the moment I'm also working on a little collaboration with two dress models that will be especially made for Audrey Grace and available to order in the boutique.

Audrey Hepburn
Audrey Hepburn. Shoot from Funny Face, Paris (1957)

Grace
Grace Kelly. Photography by Howell Conant , Jamaica, (1955)

When I think of Audrey Hepburn and Grace Kelly I always see them wearing beautiful dresses with the typical 1940's and 1950's silhouette, and I feel very inspired by that silhouette at the moment too when I'm making the special designed dresses for Audrey Grace Boutique.

I've adored Audrey Hepburn as long as I can remember and when I sat down to watch the film Funny Face for the first time about six years ago the image of Hepburn's character Jo Stockton wearing a beige hood parka with a black polo, black pants and black flat shoes really got to me and still does today. So simple and yet so pretty and stylish. When I looked for images of Grace Kelly I managed to find one from a photoshoot on a vacation in Jamaica were she wears beige shorts and a light green shirt with rolled up sleeves. I think it's the essence of a more casual look or "tomboy style" in those two pictures above that really inspires me a lot, both when it comes to designing and my own way of dressing. My heart beats faster for garments that have a more comfortable look and relates to an easier lifestyle, but still manages to be classic, elegant and immortal at the same time - elements that I will also try to incorporate in the special designs for Jaclyn's boutique.

I think these images of Audrey and Grace will continue to inspire me for a long time and the garments they wear like the parka and the classic shirt are pieces of clothing I will always adore. And details like the rolled upp sleeves is an element that is almost mandatory for me now :)

If you want to find out more about Audrey Grace Boutique you can visit the blog and the Facebook page.

I wish you all a great weekend!

0 comments :

Post a Comment