Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sheer dresses, sheer beauty

DSC_2066
Dresses
DSC_2059
DSC_2089
Sheer dresses in polyester, all from H&M. Necklace from my grandmother (heritage).

After reading Fieldguided’s post about sheer blouses I noticed that a lot of stores in Sweden carries garments in sheer fabrics these days and my own wardrobe even has a small collection of them including blouses, dresses and skirts, both old and new - in silk, cupro and polyester. My favourite is a pleated sheer dress in muted pink that I bought in springtime 2007 (picture #4). I think it will probably be a part of my wardrobe for the rest of my life if nothing bad happens to it. I only wear it on very special occassions since I think it's a bit too pretty to wear often. In the meantime it hangs on my wall so I can look at it everyday for inspiration, almost like a piece of art :)

I recently bought two slevless sheer dresses with ruffles (same model, different colours) from H&M made of recycled polyester which equals recycled fibres from petbottles or textile waste. The dresses were a part of their conscious collection - a line of clothes made out of more environmental friendly produced materials, that besides recycled polyester includes tencel (lyocell) and organic cotton. I think it’s great that bigger companys within the fashion industry are starting become a bit more conscious about their impact on the environment. And the use of more sustainable materials is one step in a better direction. I just hope they will consider to improve the working conditions for their employees in their factories soon enough too.

2 comments :

  1. Älskar den där ostronfärgen!
    Jag måste våra upp mig lite. Är fortfarande i fas svart...

    ReplyDelete
  2. idelwood: eller hur är den fin! Åh, men svart är ju alltid gångbart och vackert, även om det kan bli lite varmt när det är sommarväder :)

    ReplyDelete